Friday, January 01, 2010

Start Year 2010 Right!

Solution, not New Year's Resolution! That's supposed to be my motto this 2010 but I was forced to post my own promises-to-break here.


~Fixing my bad sleeping habits. When I say bad, it is either over sleeping or not getting enough sleep at all. Why should I fix it? And why is it the first one I have stated? Because a lot of people are complaining about it. My boyfriend, family and friends. Most of the time, I slept without informing the one I am texting with that I will do so. They find it irritating especially my boyfriend awaiting for my reply. At work, people also don’t like to deal with me if I am obviously still sleepy. I admit I become moody and snap easily if I missed so many hours of sleep. I am trying to work on this bad habit of mine using different methods including the 21-day-breaking-the-bad-habit ritual to no success. So I wanted to start my 2010 right. I will try my best to fix this bad sleeping habit. It’s not just for the people around me but most of all for my self because it is also compromising my health.

~To be a little softer with my words. People used to tell me that I'm so frank to the point that I am hurting others. I don't mean to tell lies, but I can change the tone of my voice. Afterall, it's not what we say, but how we say it. :)

~To be more professional in such a way that I have to lower down my voice when having a conversation with my co-workers. I don't want to get too much attention because of being noisy or too loud.

~I will reply promptly to text messages. I am a fan of 'Sori, l8 reply...' and I wish to change that bad habit. Aside from being busy, sometimes, I feel like not replying at all.

Whew. These remind me of our check-in question on our last E-Magazine editorial meeting.

So, how will I act upon those resolution?

1. Manage time wisely. Prioritize things so as to avoid cramming and stress, this can give me a sound sleep. :)

2. Focus on my job specifications. I am free to gossip and roam around during my break time.

3. Use the sandwich effect. Positive+Negative+Positive comments. No one can stop me from saying what I really want to say, but I can lessen the negative impact by dong it the right way.

4. Set proper expectation. Tell others about my schedule so that they will understand what is taking me so long to reply. But the best thing to do is to send reply to urgent text messages.


6 comments:

ritz said...

Happy New Year liz..

Verna Luga said...

Oh this is so strict a personal policy! enjoy life darling ...

hi Liz! Happy new Year!

fedhz said...

hahaha. we're the same pala, liz. loud and noisy. ako din mshado frank eh, kaya dami naiinis sakin. di kase ako plastic lalo na sa mga friends ko. hayz. di nila ko tuloy ma-take.

uu dapat tulog ka ng maayos. ako din un ang "solution" ko kase pag maganda ang sleep mo, maganda din ang pakiramdam mo diba. di ka na magsusungit. ^^

goodluck to us! happy new year!

Liz said...

Haha. Happy New Year to all!

My Memories and Crystals said...

Just take life easy, keep moving and trust the Almighty in everything you do... not so much strict sa self kasi mapapagod ka in the long run...
Blessings to you Liz...

Mhar's Display said...

a blessed new year to you.

Marms

Related Posts with Thumbnails